A comprehensive program is scheduled for every level of player- Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced. A minimum of 3 classes are offered per class block. Students are free to choose from courses that will best serve their goals, regardless of their perceived skill- for example, one could attend a more complex Songwriting course, yet participate in a beginner's lesson of Technical Exercises. Vibrant instructors holding intimate class settings will focus on different styles including Jazz, Blues, Funk, Classical, Rock, and Acoustic Guitar. Additional clinics offered will concentrate on Songwriting, Theory, Historical Analysis of The Guitar, Playing with a Rhythm Section, and Master Artists (i.e. The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, etc). Every student, no matter their level of expertise, will have frequent one-on-one instruction from our skilled teachers and Guest Artists, as well as private time every day working with professional musicians in a rhythm section. In addition to guitar-focused courses, world class professional vocal coaches will be on site offering private lessons and training for those interested in honing their vocal chops. Every student will also have the opportunity to perform with and in front of their peers in nightly open mic sessions and concerts. We have worked hard to create a challenging and wide-ranging curriculum that holds something for everyone. You will be inspired and you will accomplish more in this intense workshop than you ever thought possible!
Sample Day at The London School of Guitar Workshop
Every day holds something new, this is a snapshot of a typical day from last year...
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am | Breakfast of Pancakes, Eggs, Bacon, Fresh Fruit and Yogurt
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am | Technical Exercises and Shred Class/ Advanced Songwriting/ Vocal Coaching
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm | Chord Matrix/ Play with Rhythm Section/ Classical Guitar
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm | Lyrical Chords/ Jazz Guitar/ Blues Improvisation
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm | Lunch of Steak Fajitas, Chips & Black Bean Salsa, and Mexican Rice
- 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm | Free Time / Private Lessons: practice guitar, write a song, take a nap, hike, play a game of pool, or sign up for private lessons with vocal coach or guitar instructor
- 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm | Special Clinic with Guest Artist Jim Farichild of Modest Mouse
- 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm | Special Clinic with Guest Artist Ace Frehley
- 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm | Dinner of Vegetable Lasagna, Mediterranean Salad, Fresh Rolls and Cheesecake
- 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm | Open Mic- everyone gets time to work out their own songs or what they're learning in front of an enthusiastic and supportive crowd